Qantas is preparing to launch a Premium Economy flights to Tokyo and Frankfurt services. The airline is retrofitting six two class Boeing 747s to include 40 Premium Economy seats with the new offering to be available on the Tokyo route from October 2010 and the Frankfurt route from February next year.
“Qantas first introduced Premium Economy in 2008 and customer feedback for the product has been extremely positive. Our customers enjoy priority check-in, dedicated cabin crew, an additional baggage allowance and priority boarding and disembarkation,” said Qantas Chief Executive Officer, Mr Alan Joyce. “Qantas currently offers Premium Economy on flights to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore, Johannesburg, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Buenos Aires. Increased demand for this product, particularly from our leisure travellers, means we are now rolling Premium Economy out on another two Qantas routes.”
Qantas Premium Economy offers:
- superior recline and leg room – nine inch seat recline and up to 40 inch seat pitch
- extra wide 19.5 inch seats designed by Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson and manufactured by Recaro, with ergonomic cushioning and an adjustable headrest
- in-arm touch screen video monitor
- Neil Perry inspired menu with premium wines
- a self-service bar offering a selection of refreshments throughout the flight
- pre-take off refreshments – Champagne, orange juice and water.